March 23, 2009

Here We Go Again

I have no pictures to post because we've been rather tied up at the hospital again. Briggs had to be admitted into the hospital for a few days. Man, he's had a rough winter. I have to say that I am getting pretty tired of hospital beds and hospital food. I took him into the ER and he had a fever of 105. His white blood cell count was so high and they had to hurry and start him on IV's. He hates those things. I still can't sit in the room and watch them try to get them into his little arm. Last time it took them 2 hours but this time it only took about 20 minutes. It makes a mom cry to hear their baby screaming forever. They also found a little pnemonia as well. It took a few days to get his blood count normal. I hope that we are done with the hospitals now! It's good to be back home and I hope that it stays that way for a while.
Other than that, nothing much has been going on at our house. My mom and dad took the other kids for a few days. I have to admit, it was kind of nice. It's hard not having any family that lives in the same town as you. I sometimes wish that we lived closer to our families. I'm grateful that they are always so willing to help even though Jon's family and my family both live away from us. The kids love both Grandma's homes. I sometimes think that they would rather be with their grandparents than their parents. That's a good thing though, right. I remember being that same way and I thinkt that I lived at my Grandma's house.
Anyway, I'll post pictures soon.

5 comments:

Cher said...

I saw your cuties at church yesterday! They are darling, and so well behaved. I hope Briggs is doing better. It's tourture for a mommy when her baby is sick. I can't even imagine having to watch Briggs go through what he has these past few months.

Tina said...

So sorry to hear that you've had a rough go this past week. I talked to your mom this weekend and she was telling us about it. Hey, she also mentioned something about a set of twins in your ward that are with a foster family and may be up for adoption. She told me to get a hold of you about it. What can you tell me about that? I'll have to call you one of these evenings.

Woodlands said...

I am so sorry to hear that! How scary, I hope he gets feeling better. Jessica

Trista Rich said...

I hope that you get to stay home for a while too...It is just to scary to have a baby in and out of the hospital, and I can't imagine how the stress and worry wares on you as a mother. Well for all of you, I hope that all is well and stays well at the Webster home...Love you guys...

Kami said...

So sorry to hear that. I hope things are going better. My kids have been sick for 4 months, I swear! I can't wait til cold weather is over and warmer moves in...permanently!